; />

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Origins GinZing


I’ve put off doing this review for months now as it’s definitely going against the grain on popular opinion but as an eye cream junkie I really want to throw my thoughts on it out there. I’ll start with the basics, Origins Gin zing eye cream is available for around £21 for 15ml which is pretty average for a mid to high end eye cream it’s also pretty easy to get hold of.


Now the general premise of the eye cream is that it’ll lightly hydrate your under eyes while it’s distinctive peach colour will help to cancel out any blue tones and the tiny light reflecting particles will ‘lift’ the look of dark circles. This sounds great, I have two problems with it. Considering it’s designed purely as a day time eye cream the fact is has no spf is surely a bit rubbish no? Especially with the skin around your eyes being so delicate.

The other issue I have with it is that I just don’t feel like it keeps my under eyes moisturised. I like my eye creams to be pretty hydrating but even so I feel like after 30 minutes any moisturising properties seem to have disappeared.  

Regardless this is a good eye cream and I can definitely understand why so many people love it and continually repurchase it but if you’re after something to use day and night, this isn’t it. And for me I just don’t feel like the ingredients do anything long term – it makes my under eyes look better when I first apply it but it’s not going to prevent anything.

Overall, I’ll definitely use it all up but I’m not going to be repurchasing as I just think there are so many better eye cream that are so much more versatile as this really is just a one trick pony. It brightens and that’s about it.

Hope this has been helpful!


A short and sweet little review to try and get me back into the swing of blogging :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm using this at the moment too and I agree with you, it's a nice cream but it's not as amazing as I'd hoped. Do you have any recommendations for other ones to try? xx

Marie said...

Thanks for the review. I've used this before and it was just okay.

I hope you are well. I am glad you're back to blogging!:D

- Marie
allthingsmarie.com

Shop N' Chomp said...

Nice review! I'm always on the lookout for a good eye cream. You've just saved me some money. :)

Gaby Fauchon said...

Aww glad to see you're back! The texture of this cream looks amazing and I keep hearing lots of great things about it!