; />

Thursday 24 July 2014

A Little Tan

Today was one of those days that LM tinted moisturiser didn't cut it, I just felt like slapping it on. So today I whacked our my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab. 

You probably already know since it's been popular so long, but it's really not sheer, nor does it 'glow', intact it's medium-full coverage with a pretty matte finish.
 I have definitely had a real love-hate relationship with this, I bought it around Christmas when I was travelling and despite initially loving it, I found that it just seemed to do nothing special.

I was all set to write an 'it's ok, but it's really not all that review' but I've had a 16hour day and my skin is still looking surprisingly good - definitely more 'glowy' but coverage has stayed. And looking at how beautifully it's photographed I'm resigned to accepting it's just going to be one of those love-hate products. Some days it just seems to work out better than others.
I just threw on Maybelline's Fit Concealer and master precise liner, Benefit Hoola Bronzer and They're Real mascara, L'Oreal Brow Artist, Lancome's Oche Doree for a touch more colour, and ELF Runway

Whenever I wear something fuller coverage during the day I tend to keep my eyes light, today I went for my current signature look, Sleek's light gold from the Storm palette and Urban Decay Smog in the outer corner. And of course lashings of mascara and slightly flicked eyeliner

 Punjab is definitely my summer shade, so I decided to go along with the summery theme and whip out ELF's runway pink lipstick. It's a really pretty pink, and it's as close to nude as I can ever bring myself to go. I feel it just washes me out completely when I'm my usual skin tone, but with a little bit of a tan I understand why so many people love it. Creamy, opaque, somewhat matte, and just such a flattering shade if you have a little colour
I obviously reached for benefit hoola to contour those hamster cheeks, and then I dabbed on Lancome's ochre doree as something in between a blush and bronzer.

Seeing these photos I am definitely in no rush to go back to my old pale skin (prior to New Zealand I was mac NC15 to give you an idea - or in other terms, I was always lighter than the lightest foundation shade) having a little tan definitely suits this hair colour anyway!

No comments: