-The sun has gone to my head XD I couldn't think of a good title for this post.. :p
I realised earlier today that I’ve never worn blue eyeshadow… EVER!!
Blue’s my favourite colour… in case that isn’t obvious from my blog…. And I own quite a lot of blue eyeshadows but I’ve never actually worn any of it… I’ve no idea why :p
I guess I didn’t think blue would suit me – I mean I normally associate blue eyeshadow with blue, green or gray eyes… but I figured I really needed to use some of my blue shadows :p
-I actually really like how it’s come out :)
Instead of just doing a face of the day I figured I’d do a little tutorial sorta thing =] (I’m trying to not wear foundation every day so I didn’t really want to do a FOTD)
(If you click on the pictures you can see a bigger version :])
1. I used UDEPP – It’s not as thick as Stay don’t stray from benefit, but I still love it :) –ALWAYS prime your eyes before doing eyeshadow, especially when you’re doing intense bright looks – it’s makes the BIGGEST difference :)
2. Apply a white eyeshadow all over the lid and up to above the crease – I applied quite a lot, just because I wanted it to be really white in order to make the other colours stand out more.
3. Next introduce a little bit of turquoise lightly in the crease and outer corner – I kept this really subtle so it added a bit of an outline for where I was doing to but the darker colours
4. Place a slightly darker blue over the outer half of the lid and on the outer half of the crease – you could blend as you go but I left this unblended as it ends up being blended as you go :)
5. Then put a much darker and ‘truer’ blue in the outer corner. This is where you should begin to shape the eyeshadow shape (what ever shape suits your eyes)
6. Place your highlight colour under the brow, I used more of the white eyeshadow to make the blues stand out more :)
7. Now I introduce a little more turquoise along the crease and generally go over some of the colours to make them darker.
8. Bring the darker blue under the lower lashes – about half way along the lower lash line.
9. Place the turquoise in the inner half of the lower lash line and add a little white to the very inner corner.
10. Eyeliner! This is the hardest part for me – I’m trying to use eyeliner more =/ I need to practice lol. I actually messed this up by not following my lash line (don’t ask me how!) but I ended up saving it I think :p I did double winged liner which I actually think looks great with this look :)
11. Mascara time! Mascara really finishes of any look – I didn’t use my beloved bad gal – I’m still trying to find a good dupe…
12. I did this as an after thought, I used some of Barry M’s Glitter Lashes – I’ve had this stuff forever (no idea what possessed me to buy it..) so I figured I finally had a look where I could use this!
13. I just got a blue eyeliner and ran it across my waterline, a little bit in the inner corner of my eye and a tiny bit between the two wings of eyeliner – it’s a little bit more reflective and gives the eyes a bit of a ‘pop’ :p
Obviously you can change any of these steps to suit you – I can’t decide whether or not I like the glitter stage – I quite like it all matte :)
What do you think?