; />

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Tropical NOTD

I think it’s fair to say the weather this summer has been a bit rubbish in England - It started off well with June being gorgeous and then it’s steadily gone down hill!
So to cheer myself up while dismal rain clouds are looming overhead I did some fun, bright and most importantly SUMMERY nails :)
I just wanted something warm, fun and simple.
I used Barry M Yellow, Fuchia and Red and quickly did stripes of them, roughly on my nail. I applied each colour while the previous polish was wet and I got this effect!
After a few days of the tropical look I applied a thin coat of a white polish.
Once it was dry I simply took some nail polish remover and ta-da, a completely different look!

Let me know what you think of both of these looks and whether you’ll be giving either a go!

Hope you’ve enjoyed!! x
P.S I know these slightly messy looking nails aren't for everyone but I quite like them as a change from my usually neat nail art!

16 comments:

Dani B said...

Absolutely love these looks!!! I want to do it!

Unknown said...

both looks are super cool! wish I had the patience and skill to do something like it :D

Unknown said...

love it the colours are amazing!

shel xx

julianne. said...

love these. they look awesome.

LushBlush21 said...

Wow this is so cool :) I'd never be able to get that effect :P x

♥ Pauline a dit ♥ said...

Love these, i wanna know do that!

Radiant Make Up said...

@Make-up is a girls best friend, it's really not hard, just a little bit of practice & if you messy up it doesn't really matter with this look!

@Julianne & Roxanne thanks, so glad you like this! I wasn't going to post it but decided to just do it and see what people though :)

Thanks for commenting!! x

Joy said...

Very cool! Love the colours you picked :) xx

Sweets and Hearts said...

very cool idea--your nails look like a fruity, summery cocktail! i love the first design especially. such happy colors!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Reminds me of a tropical drink! Very nice *^_^*

Carrie said...

oohh, that looks soooo coool! I wanna do that.

I'm having a Feather Earrings Giveaway. Come and join it. :D
Feather Earrings Giveaway!

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Radiant Make Up said...

@Erica that was exactly what I was thinking when I did these!

@Joy thanks, I wasn't sure what colours to go for and in the end I just went for the warmest :)

Thanks for commenting!! x

Charlotte said...

omg sooo nice!!

http://charsayshola.blogspot.com/

xx

C said...

Those look sooo cool!! The first picture reminds me of fire for some reason haha. :)

Gertrude said...

I really love the one with the white nail polish included! xo

Marie said...

I think the white polish was a nice touch, it softens the look.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com