This is my second look for my Halloween Series and I had a mermaid in mind when I did it but a few people have said it could be used for a simple avatar make up look if you alter the colours a little it’d also be great for a water nymph!
I really really love how this turned out as I wasn’t sure it’d work but I’m seriously chuffed. All you need is a foundation, a powder (ideally translucent if you’re going for a pale look but a coloured powder will be fine), some netting (I got mine from a bunch of oranges!), a turquoise eye shadow, a royal blue eye shadow, black eyeliner , a mascara and a lip balm.
1. Apply a pale foundation as a base – I used my normal studio sculpt mixed with some of barry M’s white foundation crème, then lightly powder your skin so it’s easier to blend the blue eye shadow out in the next step
2. Carefully place the netting on one side of your face, then gently start tapping the blue eye shadow over it.
3. Continue this all over your face, just try to make sure the netting is fairly taut and isn’t moving around too much otherwise you won’t get the scaly effect
4. Then take the turquoise shadow and apply this all over your lid and into the ‘scales’ around your face.
5. Use the royal blue shadow to contour your eyes and add some dimension; again blend well
6. Apply your eyeliner, I chose to do an extended wing and take it down the inner corner but thats completely optional.
7. For the lips line with a black eyeliner, then mix some lip balm and a blue shadow together to great a blue tinted lip balm and apply to your lips.
8. To finish just apply lashings of mascara and false lashes if you fancy!
It sounds a little complicated but I promise it’s not, just take your time and have fun with it!
I’ve got another 4 Halloween posts coming up before the 31st but if you’ve and requests just let me know as I’m sure I can sort out another look :)
Hope you’ve enjoyed!! x