; />

Friday 30 May 2014

Current Favourites

Although this blog is almost entirely me rambling about make up with the occasional hair or skin care ramble thrown in, I want to share a couple of my other random favourites every so often too. It's not going to be a regular thing, but maybe every month or so expect a bit of an odd collection of favourites to appear! I've had one of the most amazing month and these are just handful of things that sprung to mind Saturday morning while nursing my fuzzy head after celebrating a friend's birthday last night

Picking my own Fruit
Where I'm living at the moment I'm surrounded by fruit trees and everything seems to be ripe at the moment so I've been picking a little selection of fruit every morning. There's just something so lovely about starting your day picking oranges and lemons! - I can't wait for the grapefruits to be ready!
Myer Briggs Test
This has been around for ages, so it's probably not new to most of you. But it's basically a 'personality test', you answer a bunch of questions and you get given a 4 letter result. I'm INTJ if you were wondering. I've just been really loving googling the various 'charts' out there, there's one that correlates your 'type' with a Game of Thrones character, or someone from star wars, or even a disney princess! I had a girly evening the other night and after a glass of wine we figured out our types and had way too much fun comparing which characters we'd be! It's a fun way to waste some time!

Golden Kiwis
I've never seen these in the UK so I've been pretty much living off them here as they're so good and I want to make the most of being able to get them where they're grown!
John Mayer's cover of XO
I found Beyonce's latest album to be really hit or miss, roughly half the songs I completely adore, but some just don't do it for me. John Mayer, one of my favourite artists, did a cover of XO recently and I can't stop listening to it! I think he completely nailed it!
New Zealand
It's a bit weird to have a country as a favourite, but I'm now my time in New Zealand is coming to an end I just can't help but see all the wonderful parts of the country. I'm trying to squeeze in as many weekend trips and long treks as possible since the landscape here is truly phenomenal!

College Prepster
I've loved Carly's blog for a while but the last month or so I've been checking it every day and loving every single post! Definitely head over and check it out if you haven't already as she's got a lovely style with great posts for young women, and actually women of almost any age. I always find what she posts seems to just perfectly suit what's going on in my own life - oh and her puppy, teddy, is adorable.
TED
I'm ridiculously late on the bandwagon here I know, but it's only the last month or so I've discovered Ted Talks videos. And oh my gosh they are addictive. I personally love watching one when I wake up in the morning as they're just so inspiring it sets me up for the day. They're also my guilty pleasure during study breaks as they keep me motivated!

No comments: