; />

Friday 13 June 2014

21st Birthday Make Up

So it was my birthday last week.. and it's technically not over since I'll be celebrating my Birthday in LA, and then again when I get to England and finally see my family - so my Birthday is sort of being stretched out over 4 months. And I'm completely fine with that!
As far as make up goes it's just an excuse to wear all my favourite things without worrying about them being limited edition, or hard to get hold of etc. I'm never adventurous when it comes to what I put on my face on my Birthday - I have a tried and tested look that just makes me feel 'pretty' on the day!
My hair was a little bit crazy but I rolled with it, I had a test (exams on your birthday are utter rubbish in case you couldn't tell) so I popped it up for my exam and just left it down in its unruly madness for cocktails in the evening 

Skin was Benefit's Porefessional Primer - I still can't tell if this actually does anything or is just another useless product, I slapped it on regardless. Laura Mercier's Tinted moisturiser, I've found this only really looks amazing when you have the time to truly work it into the skin otherwise it always goes patchy, but I spent a luxurious amount of time applying my make up on my birthday! 
Every single year I've worn the same eye look on my birthday, the liner and mascara have changed but the eyeshadows stay the same - Mac Allthatglitters over the lid and Mac Satin Taupe through the outer corner and crease, the mixture of colours is gorgeous, the warm shimmer of allthatglitters brings our the silvery tones of satin taupe
I saw Tanya Burr do this for her birthday make up years ago and ever since it's just been my 'birthday look' I can't wear this combination any other day without it just feeling strange!

(when I was searching for the video to link I couldn't believe it was back in 2011 that I first saw this)
I finished everything off by lightly filling in my brows, plenty of hoola bronzer, a touch of Mac Stereo Rose (limited edition and so used sparingly) and Lush Snow Fairy Lip Tint, which is just such a beautiful colour on the lips, and best of all it really feels like you're not wearing anything!

 I'm not entirely sure how I feel about turning 21, I don't get to do anything exciting (except drink when I go to the States) so the only thing I get by turning 21 is older - and that's just boring. But regardless of getting, sort of, old, the day was beautiful - the sun well and truly came out and I spent the evening drinking margaritas while the sun set over the lake with some amazing friends in New Zealand, all in all, can't really complain!

No comments: